Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Welcome to The ESL Edge!


Are you a teacher who’s worried about reaching the English learners in your classroom? 

You’re not alone!

I'm Rita.  I teach English as a Second Language in a public middle school.  Teaching is a second career for me, and it is the adventure of a lifetime!  My husband is an English learner, as are many of my friends.  I adore my students and their families.  I spend a lot of time thinking about language, and how it’s learned.  I'm also trying to improve my Spanish and Portuguese--I've traveled and know what it’s like to be the “non-native speaker”.  (Lots of embarrassing stories there.)  Like all teachers, I think my subject area is the most important.  (Yup, I said it.)  I also feel that a critical part of my role is to help other educators with multilingual students.  With that end in mind…

A blog is born!

I hope this is a place where you will find tools, advice, support and community.  If you don’t see what you need, just ask!  It’s certain someone else needs it, too.  I hope to cover a wide variety of topics, always with the busy teacher in mind.  






No comments:

Post a Comment